Sunday 2 October 2011

2/10/11

At last! I have finally made a start on my Introduction to Online Communication and Technology assignment.  Out of the 2 modules this is the one I find most challenging. Maybe because I feel fairly confident where my work is concerned but less so with technology. I'm hoping this module will change that.

So the online tools that I have used so far are:
Google +
Gplus (Created an account but mistook it for Google+, so promptly deleted)
VLE
Posterous
Photo story 3 (not a communication tool I know, but something new I have experimented with)
Blogger
I'm not gonna lie to you (or myself) but I found it very hard keeping up with all the new tools, not only in remembering all the log in details but wondering which sites do I ask which questions? I felt silly asking simple questions mainly because it seemed like I was the only one asking.
Misconceptions and lack of understanding put to one side - I have actually enjoyed the last 2 weeks, finding new tools that I would never have needed or wanted to use.
The text by Nancy White, Full Circle Associates' Online Interaction Tool Tour was useful, it helped me decide which blogg site to use, I'm sure I will keep referring to her piece of text.

1 comment:

  1. I found it hard keeping up with Cohort 14 too - and I'm used to it! Don't be afraid to keep it simple - focus on Posterous, the VLE and Blogger as these are central to the course. The rest is for fun!

    ReplyDelete